Announcements

[Desktop][Browse] Add albums and songs back onto an artists homepage (like how it was before)

With the current UI implementation on an artists home screen, you can no longer just scroll through their songs, you have to do more clicks to just get into an album and hit play.

This poses two annoying issues

• I want to be able to snap between artists different music easily without the need to go through multiple clicks into their discography per album
  • Secondly, it takes that much more effort to explore an artists music when before I could just scroll through their music and hit play with a single click, now I am far less likely to explore new albums

Potential solutions

• Revert it to how it was
  • Make it a collapsible UI element
  • Make it a toggle

I don't know if I am the only one who uses spotify this way and if people like the way the artist homepage is now but let me know so I can close off the suggestion if people prefer the new UI!

Cheers, Sam

Updated on 2021-04-08

Hey @sampolo 

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-04-08

Hey @sampolo 

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!