[Desktop][Browse] Hide album songs on the desktop app

On iOS, you can hide songs on albums, and the songs become greyed-out.

On macOS, not only do songs you've hidden on iOS not show as greyed-out, but you can't hide songs either.

See attached screenshots.

To Spotify: when you release a feature on one platform, please try to make the same feature available on all platforms. Do this before adding yet even more features that probably aren't available on all of your platforms.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 11.18.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 11.15.28 AM.png

Updated on 2022-03-11

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-09-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

squint

@hezorg it's more noticing the lack of feature parity across platforms, than an idea.

LtRandolph

Came over here from the request for this feature that was marked as implemented when it was only implemented on mobile. Utterly baffling user experience:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Browse-Hide-song-in-Premium/idi-p/4890590

squint

@LtRandolph you should vote on this post

LtRandolph

I did. 🙂

squint

@LtRandolph Oh, I guess since I created it I couldn't vote. I thought the button was greyed because I already voted haha

randomcat

+1. I listen to Spotify while working, as I'm sure a lot of people do. It's pretty irritating to get pulled out of my flow to switch over to the Spotify window on my Mac and click 'next,' every time the same irritating song comes up. It would be even more irritating to dig my phone out of my pocket, and use the Spotify interface on my phone all the time. Is that what I have to do?

How hard can this possibly be? A search for 'dislike' in this forum returns 2000 results (I suspect this is rounded down). Many have this feature marked "implemented" (it's not, at present, on desktop versions) or are complaining about the 

'dislike' button being removed from where it used to be implemented. wth guys.

mlidbo

I really don't understand the thinking here. You half-implement a feature. Then you require everyone to get annoyed all over again and go vote for a new issue for it to be actually implemented fully. What's going on here? What is the thought process? If you put it off long enough people will just give up in despair at the futility of giving feedback?

ChrystalShards

I really need this idea to be implemented as using Spotify on desktop is my primary form of listening to music. There are songs that hold not-so-pleasant memories for me, so even hearing one note of it brings me to a bad place.

I would really like to listen to my Top Songs 2020, but can't because it has songs that I honestly can't hear anymore. I would really, really like to have a listening experience reminiscing about good times, without a bad memory hindering it. Please, please implement this feature as soon as possible.

Thank you.

goosehead

Subscribed to Pandora instead of Spotify specifically so I could get the 'thumbs down' feature. They don't force me to listen to **bleep** I don't like.  Let me know if you decide to implement this on desktop and maybe I'll try again someday.