[Desktop] Choose between sowing or hiding the menubar & tray icon

Hello friends I have a god idea, letting to the users chose between the option of using the standard OS menubar on Spotify or hiding it directly by toggling a switch from the general settings section of the prefferences screen (this only could apply to the Linux and Windows apps) and if use the tray icon (being able to minimize Spotify to the tray) or not why? well the standard menubars looks very old in terms of app desig

The idea about the posibility to disable the tray and the in tray playback is for keeping the systrays (not matters if is a Linux or Windows tray) as clean as possible, this option should appear only at the advanced settings in the start up and window section

I think Spotify is really AWESOME so it should be updated with the most recent UI design guidelines:-)

Finaly let me show you why Spotify does not needs tray icon and the cause to ask you for an option  to disabling it by toggling a switch

Captura de pantalla.jpg
Updated: 2016-08-12

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
hiphopmx
Great idea !!!
seadx6
Casual Listener

yes it is, I think Spotify should let the users decide and more now because we have sound indicators on many desktops like Windows Zorin Pantheon Unity XFCE (the Xubuntu's one) MATE KDE GNOME and even Cinnamon so I find unusable the tray, also on the Linux desktops with sound indicators could be added an option to keep Spotify playing in background but with not tray icon 🙂

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-08-14

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

seadx6
Casual Listener

Dear Marco I have re-edited it to explain more my idea on the  title, please see it and if you have a better title wich also explains what i want to suggest edit it again, also if you are part of the app's designers or part of the Spotify team please help me to make this idea a reality 🙂

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-08-12

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!