[Desktop] Column Width Adjustment

Please bring back the ability to adjust the width of some UI elements, including playlist columns (song, artist, album, date added, length).

Thanks,

Truls Bekk

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

spectralyst
Regular

Yes, this is of great annoyance since the last update.

I listen to a lot of baroque/classical music, and very often the song names include, composer, work, catalogue number, etc, making the name really long and having to read towards the end of the song name to identify the track. Have a look at the following example:

Spotify, cant adjust.PNG

A workaround is to zoom out until everything becomes small enough to fit the entire song name, however this is quite clumsy.

Please fix this spotify!

PS: This should be filed as a bug IMO. It was broken during the last update.

glbanks
Casual Listener

Yes, Fix the columns. How will I know what the album title is? Also, No more cut and paste feature? Please go back to the older version. Thanks, Greg

jmoeller

@TrulsBekk wrote:

I listen to a lot of baroque/classical music, and very often the song names include, composer, work, catalogue number, etc, making the name really long and having to read towards the end of the song name to identify the track

This is absolutely true and driving me nuts! I already hated it when you couldn't resize the columns in the search results, but in my own playlists, this is a no-go.

Especially annoying when one of the other columns only uses a small percentage of the available space. I also don't care about the "Last added" or whatever it is column. Please fix this, this is clearly broken.

sschwa

Why does this update improve upon the older version, since it takes useful features away?  I'm amazed its proposal got approved. 

empw
Music Fan

Seriously! This is a must! Why is "date added" so huge and "artist" so tiny? 

What made you think removing this was a good idea? 

Really want this back.

Donpk1
Regular

Yes, I agree with all the comments. Make the columns sizeable and make which columns are displayed selectable. Why would I prefer seeing that a selection was added "11 days ago" but not be able to see the full name of the selection?

Don

miclaus

Missing this feature since the last update. 
Question on Twitter

Now I can't see featured artists on a song.

Thanks!

io

glbanks
Casual Listener

So when are you going to fix this problem or should I get my money back?

grahamlyle

Me too Spotify! Upgrades shouldn't throw away existing features; just add and improve. Ever look at classical titles, or Grateful Dead? Nothing fits in the tiny space. Please let us adjust column width; and while you'r fixing this, how about letting us put the columns in whatever order we like? Easy stufff. Thanks!