Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is a scam

Spotify is a scam

I try Spoify on my mobile using 2 days trial. Later on, they offer me a month free of premium, but I have to give out my credit card information. So I thought maybe before the 1 month trial ends, I'll cancel it before it charges me. On the day before they charge me, I go to my profile and try to remove my credit card info, it can't be removed at all. I took out all my money from my bank savings so that they can't charge me. 2 weeks later, I don't remember this thing at all, my friend owes me few hundred dollars so he bank in to me account savings, BAM Spotify automatically charge me. I was very pissed off. I was very busy, so I don't really mind and try to not make this mistake again. After a few weeks, I go back to my account, try to remove my credit card info again. It did not remove immediately from my account, so I just give it a few days to remove it since the next payment is due 1 week more. 1 week later, BAM spotify charges me again. This is totally unacceptable, getting customer credit card info and not letting me to remove it? This is a scam. I am very pissed at this, I need a full refund. Please don't ask me to 'get in touch with our team and they'll help you'. They're useless, they can't do anything about it, slow response, did not help me at all, they told me they can't do anything.  I need full refund from you guys.

39 Replies

Spotify is not a scam. It's all I know.

Hey!

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble. I can assure you, Spotify is not a scam. Looking at your account, it looks like you were on the 30 day Premium trial. However, it looks the trial wasn't cancelled. As we mention when you sign up, it will change to a full subscription once the trial is over unless it's cancelled at any time within those 30 days.

Regarding the payments, it looks like we had trouble taking the initial charge, resulting in the payment being delayed by a couple of weeks. This is why the two charges appear so close together. It's simply that the first payment was taken late.

Anyway, I can see that you've emailed into our payments guys. One of them should be back with you shortly.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes, something happened to me or worse!

I signed Spotify Premium (worth 6.99 euros) and the double charged on the same date (6.99 + 6.99 euro).
They're crooks! Thieves! And we have to publicize it on social networks!
In my case, since I filled out the contact form (within the site), but do not respond.
I will now cancel the subscription before I go back to do the same.
But even these cases have to be disclosed!

And in my case? ... What happened?
Charged twice on the same date, as I have complained, and the answer is not the same, why? ...
For me, Spotify is even a gang of thieves!

Hi nobreluso, as we've mentioned in your other thread, one of our support team has replied to your email query asking for some additional details. Without those details, they'll be unable to proceed with this. Please make sure you're checked your email inboxes and all spam folders for that email from us.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hello
Of what use someone from Spotify post replies with requests for elements that I do not?
I have no codes! I just see my bank account (VISA) with two payments of € 6.99 euros each on the same day! And I just want to know the reason!
And so, no one answers!
Just answer: "These two payments on the same day were caused by this, this ... more
Is it so difficult to clarify the matter and keep subscribers?
All replies sent to me so far does not provide or the answer, neither explanation nor a solution!

I've just taken a look at the email my colleague sent - if you reply to that with all email addresses you have, your date of birth, and the last four digits of the credit card that's being charged, they'll be able to help out. If you don't know any of that information, let them know and they'll be able to take it from there.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Finally a useful response. I don't recall other colleagues have asked for these elements.Here they are:

- E-mail: [snip]

- My birth Date: [snip]

- the last 4 digits of my VISA: [snip]

- My name: VALDEMAR ROCHA

- SPOTIFY USER-[snip]

No one request these elements ...

Thank you.

Please reply to our colleague via email, nobreluso. We can't offer payment support through the Community.

I've also deleted your personal details from that post. It's not advisable posting details like this in a public forum.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Email me if you want to start a class action lawsuit w/ FCC against Spotify.

Another scammed member here. 

Taking money out of account without authorisation. How do I contact payment people then if thats what I need to do?

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

@Andybond - If they took money, you must have an active subscription somewhere. Did you cancel yours?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Apparently I have, but it wasn't intended in first place, or without trying to cancel. When I did try all the information suggested I had a free, advert included subscription. Fine then. No point cancelling in that. Indeed the few times I did use spotify it played with adverts interspersing songs.

But having been out of country I check my paypal to see they have taken 2 premium payments. 

This is a total scam, because it suggested I had a free account when I did not. Its the very definition of a scam! 

You must have entered your payment details at some point though which isn't required for Spotify free.

Peter

Dear Prat,

So effing what if I entered my payment details? If I subsequently go onto the account and it tells me I have a free account should I not believe them?

What have you got to do with it exactly? If you work for Spotify and can assist me in getting a completely deserved refund, then go ahead. The responses I have received so far have been wholly unsatisfactory, predictably barely literate rubbish. I'm not going to let this go, I'm emailing the Guardian's Consumer Champions tomorrow if progress hasn't been made by then

@Andybond - I don't work for Spotify, I'm just pointing out that Spotify is not a scam. Keep replying to customer support and they will be able to resolve this for you.

Peter

oh yes it is a scam! i canceled my account with spotify last month and this month they turn around took money from my account and acting like they can't see where they took it out they seen it to take it out my account now see to put it back in.and now no one want s to handle my problem i'am piss! they wont even email back now. ishould have know when there is no way you can speak with a human being about your account problems. spotify have just one more day to correct this problem or i'm going viro campaign agaist them.

@ilinethomas 

Sorry for the trouble!

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. (8 digit number)

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts