Announcements

[Desktop] Column Width Adjustment

Please bring back the ability to adjust the width of some UI elements, including playlist columns (song, artist, album, date added, length).

Thanks,

Truls Bekk

This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

Capture.PNGThis is pretty annoying. The zoom-out trick doesn't work either, Spotify hits some maximum width and still cuts off the end of track names.

I'm zoomed all the way out on this playlist, and stretched horizontally as far as my screen will allow, but the center pane stops expanding.

Please yes bring in column width adjustment!!! Can't see the full titles. Very frustrating.

Music Fan

Lol Spotify. a year later, and this basic, mandortory feature is still not included.

This is very disappointing from a company which invests so much money on technology in competing with others (and in that process yet to make a profit). Nevertheless, such a basic yet essential UI element is broken. I listen to a lot of classical music and it's so annoying not to be able to see Bach's BWV numbers, Mozart's K numbers, etc.

How is this STILL not a feature? 

I just want to echo what everyone else is saying here. It would be so helpful to be able to expand the width of columns in the desktop version, especially the song title column. Please help us out, Spotify!

Please please please allow column width adjustment! Most classical music pieces have a long track title, with the info that distinguishes the tracks from each other at the very end of the title (and thus usually invisible).

At least, as a temporary workaround, could you allow mouseover of the track title to bring up a box with the full title, the way mouse-over in Windows Explorer works?

As has been said, this is a truly **bleep** design for classical music fans, with many albums essentially consisting of tracks with identical titles; and the "workaround" doesn't work, in that it hits a maximum zoom and then bunches up the incomplete title in the centre of the window, leaving illegible incomplete titles surrounded by swathes of empty space (even stretching the window across two 15" screens has this effect). I admit I am surprised that such a successful product clings to such ropey design. But then I remember iTunes is a thing, so I guess you're hardly unique.

Casual Listener

@TrulsBekk wrote:

Please bring back the ability to adjust the width of some UI elements, including playlist columns (song, artist, album, date added, length).

Thanks,

Truls Bekk

Hey Spotify,  do you realize how awful you guys look, that this is still showing as 'a good idea,' and years are going by with no resolution or even an update!  This good idea was in place many years ago and was taken away. Zap and these existing features were gone!  How about you flip that switch back on?  Or at least entertain us with an update. Perhaps help us to understand why anyone would have thought the change was good.   i remain, joejoeswim   Kudos to Truls Bekk

Casual Listener

i'll just add this to the heap and say:

please please please!! 🙂 i mean as an old pc user (since win 3.1, now on macOS), this feels fundamental to have.

Especially, needless to say, with long artist names and such, such as with classical music and collaborations.

Aight 🙂

/jonasweden