[Desktop] Column Width Adjustment

Please bring back the ability to adjust the width of some UI elements, including playlist columns (song, artist, album, date added, length).

Thanks,

Truls Bekk

This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
gomukha

It's typical of a company that cares all about boosting paid subscriber numbers in competition with Apple Music, attracting big investors and touting gimmicky curation features. Fixing the column width will aid none of the above, I suppose. This is a company which gets billions in revenues but has never made a profit. I doubt that artists and labels are getting much. I feel frustrated as a user but feel even more sorry for the artists who get a pittance. I get Sptify Premium as part of my mobile contract but when it's up for renewal, I will seriously reconsider my options. I find myself listening to the same music most of the time anyway so going back to CDs doesn't seem like a bad idea.

ryanwms

This was marked as an idea to-be-implemented in June of 2015 - it's late September 2017 - that's 27 months later. 
When do you actually PLAN to implement something so trivially simple?

I used Spotify EVERY DAY while I'm working on my doctorate degree in music. I used it every day while I studied for my master's degree. I'm often after "classical" music, and the column widths are debilitatingly narrow. I need more information, and you're making it hard to do that.

Existentialist

Ryan,

I don't know if they even check these comments. I wonder how many customers have asked to have this simple matter re-introduced. I don't remember seeing a phone number, or I would call them and ask if they check the comments.

Razored

This is not a good idea.

This is a must have (that is, basic) implementation of user interface necessary for software usability (user experience, haha).

Without this 'feature' Spotify is an annoying experience. Shall I show you an example? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogyh3gft8vz4r3z/Screenshot%202017-10-12%2008.20.34.png?dl=0

As you see, I have a collection of Bach Matthias Passion overtures. I am not going to go here into why Bach is a 'Performer' if Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau is also a performer (as it is another 'good idea' to make a distinction between author and performer), so it is impossible to tell which recording (who was the conductor, main singer) the song is from. But the 'Suggested songs based on the list' isn't very helpful either as it has the same viewable area for song titles making me handpick from mysteriously named songs as two "Matthaus Passion, BWV 244: A" songs, a  "Matthaus Passion, BWV 244: C", and a "Matthaus Passion, BWV 244: ".

Again, this is not a 'good idea'.

Without this, Spotify is not a 'good idea'.

DJ_PINT_MUSIC

Please bring back lease bring back the ability to adjust the width of some UI elements, including playlist columns (song, artist, album, date added, length).

It would also be swell if a GENERA column could be added.

mumroos

What do you mean by "genera"?  Genre? That is not such a good idea. A song can belong to different genres (and Spotify operates with over a 1000, perhaps more than 1500), so you would have to list many in the same column. Well, you've found the ONLY area where you do not want text wrapping.

nguntupalli
Regular

Hey can I get a job at spotify as a tester, I think your current testing team does a really pathetic job. I am finding so many issues being just a user. At £10 a month I need better customer satisfaction.

Zoobles
Casual Listener

In addition to adjusting the width of columns it would be nice to be able to add and remove columns. I have times when I need a very minimal view of the player and playlist so that I can fit other things on the screen.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!