Announcements

[Desktop] Command-line (Unix Console) Spotify App

This is probably only of interest to 1% of the Spotify users out there, but how about a Spotify command line application?  Sometimes I find myself on a machine where for some reason I can't use a GUI, or don't wish to, but would like some Spotify tunes.

This idea has been posted again here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
armandg
Casual Listener

I believe that if Spotify is not giving this idea any more thought, they should release an API that allows users to make their own apps that are able to play music.

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey @doktorzee we don't have any plans for a command line application. We will of course keep an eye on this idea if it starts to make some serious growth. It's still open for votes and comments in case you want to leave us some feedback. Thanks!

dıbıkyaran

It is lot easier to implement some easy command line features than GUI. But, you will make lots of people happy.

user-removed
Not applicable

+1

iznog

I'm interested also on this feature...

gabsey

I need it to play music from a Raspberry Pi

andupin

+1

rddbruno

You might want to configure a dbus command shortcut if in a X environment or just set a alias.

ju79

I'd be interested 😉

colton22

+1 on this. Still using pianobar (pandora) until an option becomes available here.