[Desktop][Connect] Control Spotify Connect Devices With Desktop App

Recently, Spotify Connect enabled controlling the desktop app with a mobile device, but this is not complete!

Allow the controlling of Spotify Connect devices with the Destop App. For example I can control a mobile device from my PC, or I can control the PlayStation app from my PC. 

Right now I run a virtual machine with a virtual tablet to run the Spotify Mobile app to use Spotify Connect to control devices from my PC, when I should be able to use the desktop app in the first place.

Updated: 2015-07-02

Closing this idea topic. As mentioned Spotify Connect (for desktop) is a Premium only feature.

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Need more information
Updated: 2015-06-30

Hello!
This should already work - as a matter of fact I'm just controling my smartphone via my Desktop atm.

Could you please tell us what devices you're using and which Spotify versions you've got installed on there? Also are you on the same network on both devices?

Casual Listener

Hi!

I've searched all over the internet and everyone say this is not possible.

I'm using the PlayStation 4 app for Spotify and I wasn't sure where to find my desktop version, but I think it is this: 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9.

Yes I am on the same network and if this is possible, how would I do it?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Ah, Desktop to Playstation. Are you on Spotify Premium? Connect for Desktop is a Premium only feature.

Casual Listener

I am not premium. 😞

The only reason I want to use connect is because my friends and I made a collabrative playlist of all our interests, but weirdly enough, collab playlists do NOT show up on the PlayStation app. Also, the shuffle feature on the PlayStation does not work very well and after so many songs it starts repeating itself, despite having many more songs to go.

Basically, I want to use connect because the PlayStation version does not work very well, but it seems silly to go premium for that reason.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Well, Spotify already made an exception for Connect when it allowed to control the PS via mobile devices.

So you can still control your Playstation via your Smartphone using Connect.

Normally the Connect feature is entirely a Premium feature.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed
Updated: 2015-07-02

Closing this idea topic. As mentioned Spotify Connect (for desktop) is a Premium only feature.