[Desktop][Connect] Option to 'lock to this device' while music is playing.

For households with multiple devices connected to Spotify Connect, it'd be useful to have a 'lock to this device' option that prevents playback on other devices (and thus prevents music on my device from stopping) on the same account so long as music is playing.

Not all connected devices properly support the Family account functionality in any useful way so this wouldn't solve the issue of me trying to play music on my Desktop and then it suddenly stopping when my partner wants to listen to music on an Amazon Echo downstairs, or finding my in-car music is being interrupted when the cars spotify apps stops because my partner at home is playing music.

Basically the current Connect setup really doesn't handle situations where multiple people are using multiple 3rd spotify-connect enabled devices. My list of devices can show as many as 7 different devices and it's kind of a mess.

Devices.png

Updated on 2018-11-25

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Tom__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-12-18

Hey @PhonicUK,

This idea is great.

I am marking it as a new idea, show your support by adding your kudo's!

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-11-25

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke