[Desktop][Connect] persistent "Playing on Chromecast" option within Spotify Connect on Desktop App

Currently the desktop app shows the "Playing on Chromecast" option after the chromecast has been paired by using the Android App. When I disconnect the chromecast within the Android App, the "Playing on Chromecast" option eventually dissapears within the Desktop App.

When I turn my Android device in to airplane mode, the option stays visible within the desktop app till the chromecast switches to backdrop mode. When I click the disconnect/connect buttons fast enough it will reconnect to the chromecast again from the desktop app, without using a phone 🙂 Eventually it dissapears.

Is it possible to make the "Playing on Chromecast" option persistent whithin the desktop app? This would make it possible to always connect to the chromecast within the desktop application 🙂

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good service!

With Kind Regards

0xFDD

Screenshot 2015-10-03 01.23.10.png
Updated: 2016-10-07

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-10-03

Marked as new idea. Please note that Chromecast support is still currently rolling out, and its implementation may change in subsequent updates.

isaacbofficial

Definitely something I would like to see in a future release of the desktop app. I just got the Chromecast Audio and it would be awesome to stream to it without having to first get it going on my phone.

muhmuh

We absolutely need this! Please add feature very soon!

peppipeppipeppi

I thought it was pretty logical to have this option and am surprised I have to connect with my phone (iOS) first to cast from my desktop player to my stereo amplifier. +1 to implement it asap

cosmicheretic
Casual Listener

Thanks for adding original chromecast support and please implement Chromecast desktop app support asap!

katingalls

Same. Mobile setup is great, but bummed I can't just do this directly from desktop. (Searching for how to do this is how I ended up here!)

Pandante

I am one of (I am sure) many people who have returned to Spotify thanks to the support for Chromecast at long last.

The desktop limitation is an annoying wrinkle in the implementation, which really needs to be ironed out sooner than later.

Looking forward to it!

blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-10-07

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.

Related Ideas