[Desktop][Design] New Playlist Layout

I like the changes that have come to the iOS app recently, but in my opinion the layout on the desktop app is lacking behind. 

I've come up with an idea for a new playlist-layout, by using some of the empty space found in the top of each playlist.

I've focused on creating a more symmetrical design, as well as including more of the album covers - these are also presented in a much nicer way.

The green arrow next to the main green button in the middle is the 'available offline' button.

I hope you like it! :-)

Current Layout:

Before.png

New Layout:

After.png

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hi!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, I'll close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, I encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Beathoven1

Wow that looks really good.

SuneViberg
Casual Listener

Hey!

I'm using Spotify Premium on Windows 7 and 8, and I don't see the oppertunity to create a description for my playlists? Am I missing something, or was it just a suggestion for a possible improvement? :-)

gustvb

It's a nice idea! Actually I think it would be great if they implement something like this with the ability to add description to the playlist. 

SuneViberg
Casual Listener

Hey - yea, the ability to add a description would be nice!

I actually thought that the scrolling albums is a great idea too, but I wasn't really sure how to show it in a screenshot :-) Also, when you hover an album you could be given the oppertunity to interact with that specific album, like when you hover albums in 'Your Music' --> 'Albums' . (save, play, etc.)

And yea, I couldn't help giving myself some followers ;) 

Thanks for the feedback!

lukebotham1
Community Legend

Looks really nice! I would love to see this in the Spotify. Happy Listening!

textoraxel

Very nice desing idea ;) 

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hi!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, I'll close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, I encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!