[Desktop][Design] New Playlist Layout

I like the changes that have come to the iOS app recently, but in my opinion the layout on the desktop app is lacking behind. 

I've come up with an idea for a new playlist-layout, by using some of the empty space found in the top of each playlist.

I've focused on creating a more symmetrical design, as well as including more of the album covers - these are also presented in a much nicer way.

The green arrow next to the main green button in the middle is the 'available offline' button.

I hope you like it! :-)

Current Layout:

Before.png

New Layout:

After.png

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hi!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, I'll close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, I encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-07-01

Hey @SuneViberg while we definitely like this idea and want to explore the playlist layout, this isn't likely to happen any time in the near future. For that reason we're marking this as 'Not Right Now'. We'll jump right back in here and update this as soon as we have any updates. Thanks!

Bultack
Regular

I like this idea because it looks good. This layout can be used for folder's view too.

For the folder's view I would add a switch button with the options 'Show playlists' and 'Show songs'. With the second option we could see all the songs that exists in the playlists that we have in the folder.

OmerWow

Wow, looks extremely good! I like it :)

textoraxel

Very nice desing idea ;) 

textoraxel

Great design ;)

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hi!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, I'll close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, I encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!