[Desktop][Design] Spotify Blur Redesign

Hey there, 

Spotify on Mac and PC could use an minimal UI redesign, just to making a little bit less monotonous in the colour scheme. 

By taking the cover blurred and stretching it over the page, the UI gets a little bit more individual.

Here's the Player right now:

Before

Spotify now

After

And here with some minimal changes and the blur effect:

Spotify Blurred

Updated on 2019-08-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Jcullinan09
Casual Listener

I LOVE this idea, dear god I hope this comes to fruition! C'mon Spotify, we aren't paying $10 bucks a month for nothing :) 

prabodhs
Regular

Spotify is the best music service around that I know of.  However, the UGI is poor (black/gray/black etc).  Particularly annoying is the dark gray scroll bars on a black background making them very hard to see on laptops unless you have just the right angle.

jigi
Casual Listener

It's 2016 and the desktop app still looks so outdated, please Spotify do something.

jigi
Casual Listener

It blows my mind that the desktop app still look so old compared to the mobile app. How many did you changed the design of the mobile app? So many time! How many time did you changed the design of the desktop app? Only once! Please give the deskop app a fresh design or i'll to move to apple music.

Jcullinan09
Casual Listener

Hey Yaa know I agree with jigi... Some super simpe and minor changes, like a blur background would look so nice for such a premium music service! 

There has to be some money in the budget for this!!??

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!