[Desktop][Developer] Customise Profile On Updated UI & Add Block User Feature

Before the desktop update, I had customised my profile homepage to only show my public playlists, no other extras such as 'recently listened to' or 'following' etc. It was super clean to sit on as a page. Now with the update, we don't have any control over what is shown on our profiles. I feel the default layout looks extremely cluttered, and we don't have any control over what is displayed to ourselves and others anymore.

To further this, one of the profile segments shows your followers, but my account is a target of lots of bot account follows, so they all show up on display and it's really unappealing to look at. I can't get rid of them either, since there is no block or remove-user feature on Spotify.

I feel like it's a step back, and having both better profile customisation and the ability to block or remove followers would make for a better user experience.

sendtospotify.png

Updated on 2021-05-23

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! 

This idea is going to be marked as closed, as it goes against some of the Idea Exchange Guidelines requirements - one change request per Idea and check if there's an existing idea

A similar Idea to block followers has already been suggested here so if you're interested in it, make sure to add your +VOTE there to show your support. This helps to keep all feedback in one place and helps the idea gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally.

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

Comments
Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-23

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! 

This idea is going to be marked as closed, as it goes against some of the Idea Exchange Guidelines requirements - one change request per Idea and check if there's an existing idea

A similar Idea to block followers has already been suggested here so if you're interested in it, make sure to add your +VOTE there to show your support. This helps to keep all feedback in one place and helps the idea gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally.

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day!