Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Desktop][Developer] Windows Electron App should respect systemPreferences.GetAccentColor()

I currently run Spotify in Dark Mode on my Windows 10 desktop. This is the electron version, locally installed to my user AppData due to admin permissions. 

There is nothing in the User experience of Spotify that indicates if it has focus or not. Further, because of the positioning of the minimize/maximize/close buttons, sometimes it is hard to pick them out - especially when other Electron apps are also running. For me, this is most noticeable when I am running Spotify and Teams on the same window. It is nearly impossible to tell which minimize button is the correct one. 

I attempted to change my Windows accent color, to see if Spotify would reflect that change. However, it did not. It is still just a black box, with no border around it. 

Looking through the Electron API, I see a specific call that fetches the system accent color: https://www.electronjs.org/docs/latest/api/system-preferences#systempreferencesgetaccentcolor-window...

Is there any way we can get an option to enable accent color usage? I could see it being a toggle under 3 categories: "Display", "Startup and window behaviour", and "Compatibility."

I can see this being a benefit to overall accessibility and usability, with minimal impact to the overall theming of Spotify. It would also better align the program with the system best practices. 

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey @Athenor 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-06-09

Hello @Athenor,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Note that since this involves third party software and services it may take longer to implement or not be possible at all.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey @Athenor 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂