Announcements

[Desktop][Discover] New Albums on Release Radar

When a new song is on my release radar playlist that came from a new album/LP, it should be in a different color or have some distinction from single releases. There've been many times where I missed out on a new album thinking only a single was put out. I've seen some similar ideas posted, but I think my way is a clean and simple implementation, and I don't feel like adding my vote to old ideas will get anywhere. 

Updated on 2022-05-15

Hey @salfam 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (180 votes within 6 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to keep sharing your Idea to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Frohmatt

Something like this would be amazing for mobile too. Very inconvenient to have to check every song individually to see if the full album has been released or not. 

Mario
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-11-22

Hey there, 

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

You might as well want to take a look at this Idea and give it your +VOTE since it's suggesting something along the lines of what you have in mind.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 50 votes in 3 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

osornios
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-05-15

Hey @salfam 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (180 votes within 6 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to keep sharing your Idea to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Lazik

I am amused that only few people voted for this idea, there should be this option right from the start when Spotify implemented the What's new section. Hope it will be added sooner or later, because it is really frustrating to scroll down through so many one single remixes / songs / ep's, when all I care about are new released full albums.