Lineup Signup
Help Us Fix Metadata - Read more

[Desktop] Do not "Open Spotify Automatically" by Default

Installing with that option as default and then obfusticating the option to disable it in advanced settings leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Install with disabled as default or add it as an installer option and make it a basic setting.

I know it's to bait you into using Spotify more, but it's obnoxious as **bleep** and since I have to complain through a community forum where I'm sure I'll be ganged up on for bagging on you guys, I also see the strategy in not having direct feedback. Garbabe.

Updated on 2017-08-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated: 2016-08-23

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

mousemanb
Regular

Absolutely this.

In my preferences, under 'Startup and Window Behaviour' I have it set NOT to open automatically, but it still opens every time.

It's ridiculous and obnoxious.

jondprice83
Regular

Agree - When I installed the desktop app after using the iOS app for a while I searched high and low for the "do not start automatically" option, as it was killing my resources. 

Found it eventually, but it shouldn't be a default option.

jwasp
Regular

Very annoying, I was on the verge of un-installing Spotify altogether.

jrock61
Regular

Over 3 years and Spotify still hasn't addressed this annoyance. This option has been disabled in advanced settings and Spotify still opens at startup! Ridiculous!

Frank164
Regular

I agree that it's really obnoxious to have spotify open on startup. and once in a while spotify updates and I'll have to change the settings again. **bleep** that, I said no once, why should I have to repeat myself over and over.

Spotify fix your **bleep**.

AJona1992
Regular

Agree, I have to come here to see if there's anything I can do to stop it from opening up!

amandolin08
Regular

It seems like this option was finally added . . .and then stopped working with the latest update. I have it set to not run on start up,  yet it does every day. Any idea when this will be corrected?

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-08-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!