[Desktop] Drag & drop Import of local Files

Prior to the 101 update, it was possible to drag local files from the Finder (and even iTunes) into Spotify playlists.

This is no longer the case, and the current local file source mapping is too inefficient (processor intensive/unreliable/no search) to compensate for the lack.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

I want to request this feature for the Windows version too.  One of my primary uses is for listening to rehearsal recordings.  I want to be able to drag my local files into a play list.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!