[Desktop] Drag & drop Import of local Files

Prior to the 101 update, it was possible to drag local files from the Finder (and even iTunes) into Spotify playlists.

This is no longer the case, and the current local file source mapping is too inefficient (processor intensive/unreliable/no search) to compensate for the lack.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
borsTiHD
Gig Goer

No progress in 6 months?

I want that feature back for years now. 😠

I dont get it why this was canceled.

djkcel
Music Fan

2 years and counting!

Cityof60

I'm new to Spotify....I used drag and drop to rearrange my songs when I first started but now I can't drag and drop and change the order any more and I did upgrade to premium too.  

quesosdelmundo

I wish to be able to upload mp3s from my local machine onto Spotify playlists for my followers to listen to. If doing so directly is illegal, fine. Why not build a clever partnership with other library holders like YouTube? ...somehow integrate the experience? Loads of mutual benefit: enhance features > more users > more data: $ *and* Social Impact Opportunity

Think about it

Cheers.

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-09-07

Hey @words thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. Right now we don't have plans to restore the drag and drop feature. We've kept an eye on this idea and the rate at which it gets ideas every month--rest assured we'll continue to see if it grows in votes. Should anything change on this we'll post here to let you know. Thanks!

AlphaWolfShulk

This was a stupid feature to remove and now I cant fix my playlists cause I accidentally deleted my itunes playlists and it'll only show two of them to restore. tried to give Spotify a chance cause I liked the integration with Discord although it should have allowed local files to show as well imo. but now that this very useful feature is gone, prob not going to bother continuing to use this much anymore. Hope this is re-imlplemented and quickly.

nihelatora
Casual Listener

It was a great feature! It is stupid not to have it. What was the reason for removing it? 

dvbird

I want to request this feature for the Windows version too.  One of my primary uses is for listening to rehearsal recordings.  I want to be able to drag my local files into a play list.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!