[Desktop] Drag & drop on current song to add to queue

I noticed that - unlike when dragging and dropping a selection onto a playlist - nothing happens when you drag & drop a selection onto the cover art of the song that is currently playing.

If you ask me, the current song is closely related to the queue, and it would, therefore, be logical to allow a user to drop a selection onto the current song, which results in that selection being added to the queue.

Of course, this feature would only make sense on desktop clients, but I felt like this simple feature would make it a bit easier to add songs to the queue.

Let me know if you like it!

I made a picture to illustrate what I mean:spotify drag drop feature request.png

Updated on 2020-01-13

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-05-13

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-01-13

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!