Lineup Signup
Help Us Fix Metadata - Read more

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2017-08-30

Hey Folks!

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce an equalizer for the Desktop app at this time. As a result, we’ve marked this idea as Case Closed.

Although we appreciate many of you here would like to see an equalizer on the Desktop app, they are in fact used by a very small subset of listeners overall. We’ve therefore decided to focus our immediate attention and resources on features that have higher engagement at this time.

We may reassess this decision in the future. But, for now, we just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Rest assured we’re constantly working to implement feature requests you make via the Ideas Exchange.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! Together we can make Spotify the best it can be.
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-09-17

Hey folks, we know the idea for an equalizer in the Desktop app is a popular request. While we're marking this as 'Not Right Now' please know we're continuing to watch the kudos and comments here in the Community and we're bringing them back to Spotify. Keep an eye here for any updates, thanks!

linardia
Regular

This is a must! I am currently using iTunes instead of Spotify to listen to the music that I own, just because the EQ is not available for Spotify in my iMAC.

The EQ should have at least a 10 band or more graphic EQ and be able to save presets as well as have some defaults including ROCK!

For those of us musicians, it would be great to include the option of changing the pitch and speed of the tunes to practice solos and playing on top of original tracks.

Thank you,

Alex

Blitz716
Regular

We need this to work.

While I listewn at work, we have bad sound cards, so I need the Desk Top Versions to have this feature.

Thank You

Darren

fschiermacher
Regular

IMO an equalizer is something you can expect, from a music player program. It's something that everyone are used to have availible. I think that it's a bad priority from spotify not to make it ASAP. Afterall, we are paying for your service, not loading cd's to itunes like it's year 2005.

larasulu
Regular

We do need equalizer right away, since the quality of the music you are providing is just good but not excellent equalizer its  MUST have. 

raz91
Regular

I don't really understand how this hasn't been implemented yet. Equalizers are a pretty basic and elemental concept on any decent music player...

TancingTunes
Regular

This is a no-brainer. The technology for digital audio equalization has been around so long it's off-patent.

C'mon, Spotify. Get with it. You're behind the times. It's a basic feature available in so many other players. This could only be an internal resource limitation -which is worrying.

todezdelaurba
Regular

The Equalizer ought to be available at this very moment, It´s nonsense not to offer one with a music playing app.

GrantusMaximus
Music Fan

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased an iMac unaware that unlike PCs there is no equalizer. I have just taken up the free 3 month trial of Apple Music as iTunes DOES have an equalizer and as such ... the music is sounding much better obviously through iTunes than it is through Spotify. Due to my absoulte admiration of all types of music I have been a Premium Subscriber for over two years and love your platform, however I also love for my music to SOUND great so unfortunately this may cause me to leave your service and change over to Apple Music :(

EntityDigital
Regular

As above, I've now cancelled my Spotify premium subscription, and I'm using Apple Music and the only reason for this is that iTunes has an EQ therefore I can tune the sound to sound acceptable through different output devices.

TBH, I'm not that impressed with Apple Music otherwise, I think the interface is poor and there's no Android app yet, but I spend most of my time listening to music on my Mac at work, and ultimately it's the music that counts.

I like Spotify, but Apple Music will provide a family subscription and they will improve the interface — you can be assured of that — by which time, even if Spotify finally get around to doing this, there probably won't be a good reason to come back.