Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
rixirootm

They have already stated, not even 2 months ago, that is NOT in their plans.

rixirootm

But.. they said they will keep us updated. What a freaking joke.

rixirootm

AND... I've been getting grief from them about my FAMILY ACCOUNT because apparently they couldn't veryify our address, threatening to stop their accounts. Well, how would you like to do that? I am... over this.

rixirootm

There are plenty of free services out there and most of them are pretty decent.. minus the add or two.. but some of them have an EQ and you can still look up more or less anything.

rixirootm

One more thing @ SPOTIFY!!!!! Most people don't have or can't afford decent or high-end sound cards, becuase they are spending their money, monthly on YOUR service, which completely lacks any alternative, such as an EQ. So, on that note, without the ability to adjust any EQ settings, what is the point of a premium customer, having the option of high-def audio, if they can't afford the card, or EVEN adjust any EQ settings?

Hmmm???

rixirootm

So, we are left with this option. $15-$20 a month, to listen to basically youtube, with no video, but without the adverts? Hmm. Yeah - not good.

dikaj

Hi All

Thought I would ask Spotfy what progres was being made on this but of course they have made it very difficult to get a straight answer. Ended up with a chat connection contents below.

You: I asked recently about when Spotify would install an equaliser for the desktop. I got some gumpf about it being under review or in the queue for development. i then asked a question in the community about this and have had stacks of users agreeing with me that for the desktop not to have an equaliser is really appalling. Is it that Spotify is not competent to provide this or really does not care what users think. I have seen nothing being updated in Spotify over the last few months that would take much development time so it seems that you really do not listen to users. It is now at the point where managing my mailbox with the agreement mails I get from users is becoming time consuming to the point where I would be better served spending this time moving over to Apple music. Can you either give me a time when Spotify desktop will have an equaliser or be honest and say you either cannot or will not provide it. Regards Richard
Isabela S: Please give me 2-3 minutes to read your message.
Isabela S:

I'd love for us to have the equalizer feature on the app, so don't worry. I’ll be sure to let the right folks know.

Isabela S:

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We can't say if or when any specific features will be added, but as soon as we’ve got anything to announce we’ll let everyone know over on the Spotify Community 

You: not really the answer I was looking for looks like my last post to the spotify community will be the answer is the same i.e. no answer on the equaliser and goodbye to everyone
Isabela S:

If only I could add this feature now, I would have done it in a heartbeat. It'd be a shame to lose you over like this, but I'm unable to provide any more information about this as we have a different department who'll work on this. But, rest assured that they'll know your feedback.

You: Goodbye spotify

The only thing that would get Sptotfy's attention is the mass migration of users to Apple tunes but I realise that for many peaple is a massive amount of work. For someone who has been with spotify since its inception it really aggravates but it looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and start looking at how I am  going to move to tunes. An absolute pain to a loyal Spotify user who has spread the word for them but hey really do not care.

Regards 

GunsmokeNC

I'm pretty sure Spotify execs print these comments out and use them for toilet paper.

lukpocha

??

jrgass

Paying for premium, I get the option to listen to a higher quality version of the same music... If I am given that option, and seek it out, one might infer that I am an "advanced user" (people in my inner circle might contend with that moniker). Adding an EQ is the next logical step here.