Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Global HotKeys for Pause/Play, Skip, etc.

It would be nice to have an Global Hotkey so you can pause/play your music while browsing and not switching between screens. Or when you are gaming and you want another song but you don't want to alt tab and stay idle, a (customizable?)  Global Hotkey(i.g. ctrl+shift+right) would be such an great improvement in the usefulness of Spotify.

Updated on 2023-05-23

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
rashaunie
So your a gamer but you use a keyboard that doesn't have media keys? Is it
an IBM mechanical from 1993?
Jenay51
I'm not the one with not hot keys, but you don't have to be a buttswipe asking about a 1993 computer.
babipsylon

Especially for adding a track to a playlist (the default, or any playlist this shortcut is assigned to). Shouldn't be global necessarrily.

Amon_ITA

Keyboard shortcuts for tracks / playlist navigation and indipendent volume adjust would be great for the ones who use Spotify as a soundtrack source while gaming on Pc.

marha007

Yes, most keyboards have Play/Pause but Next/Prev is what really matters.

When you're in that zone Spotify helps you focus on go at whatever you are doing - then a bad song appears and kills your productivity.

A global Next/Prev command solves that perfectly!!

Looking forward to it!

/Spotify Premium customer

captice-trice

Devs not adding in keybinds cause its too much work is that it?
is this how they treat all their free and premium users?
something as a simple function should not be so difficult to impliment in then next update.
Suppose ill take my money elsewhere.

bwi1r2_7v-5q3

Does anyone know how to ask a question?  I'm very annoyed my Spotify wont play on my phone unless I'm on the screen. I have premium and downloaded songs it' not helping

gorebello

yeah, but I would love to like and dislike songs from keyboard shortcuts. Even more, I would love to do it while driving. Since I have 2 options for volume adjustments, one at the radio (which makes volume changes faster) and the other at my steering wheel maybe there could be an option to change up volume at the wheel to like and down volume to dislike?

acruz2526

I'm coming to this suggestion from another ticket about keyboard shortcuts. While I understand that the above suggestion is marked as "Not Right Now" because most keyboard have dedicated multimedia controls, I must object to the marking of the ticket I linked to as a duplicate. The features it requests to have shorcuts for (like/dislike recommendations & add to library) are fully distinct from playblack controls. If it won't be implemented, it should at least be for a different reason than "keyboards already have buttons completely unrelated to the feature you asked for!"

I would think that Add to Library and Like/Dislike recommendations are very useful to have, as people would be able to fully control the application with the keyboard, especially if listening to a long radio playlist or discover weekly.

babipsylon

Yes!