Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Global HotKeys for Pause/Play, Skip, etc.

It would be nice to have an Global Hotkey so you can pause/play your music while browsing and not switching between screens. Or when you are gaming and you want another song but you don't want to alt tab and stay idle, a (customizable?)  Global Hotkey(i.g. ctrl+shift+right) would be such an great improvement in the usefulness of Spotify.

Updated on 2023-05-23

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
vmiheer

Please keep helping: https://github.com/aleab/toastify 🙂

TomLegend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea. 

After discussing with the right teams we've decided not to implement global hotkeys on Spotify. 

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and giving us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

cheetahclaw510

Usually, when I use Spotify on my computer, I'm using it for work or to play video games, both of which are activities that flow better if uninterrupted. It's not a huge hassle to tab out, but it would be much more convenient if there was an option in settings to bind a key to skip songs. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to implement, and it makes any activity on the computer much more fluid. I hope we can see this soon, as it would be a nice change.

Deacrafter

When playing games and stuff on my computer i wish i could put a keybind so i can pause, skip, play back, repeat, Etc. It would be a great help so we dont have to alt+tab all the time just to pause the music.

Golumdukek

To simplify Spotifty a key combination to skip songs would be great of course it only works on computers but you could use it while working or gaming so you dont have to tab out of the page/website your on. It could be a customised combination and it can be turned on and off in the opptions.

Yordan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2023-05-23

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Logman1

I enjoy listening to music whilst gaming. However, I can't skip or pause my music whilst actually gaming without having to alt+tab. It gets rather annoying having to alt+tab every time just to pause or skip. I'm hoping they'll add a Custom Keybinds setting for those using their PC's to listen to music.