[Desktop] Global Hotkey for thumbs up and down

I seriously do not understand how this has not been implemented yet.  Would it really be that difficult to put into the code to have global hotkeys for these?   It would be so incredibly convenient to be able to just use a hotkey on the keyboard to like/dislike a song without having to open the Spotify application and click on it.   

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-17

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
gavin117

I don't know if upvoting does anything, but I'll vote and comment anyway.

It's such a basic request. Come on Spotify!!

Zer0CooLza

Hi Please add

Global hotkey to toggle shuffle on/off (Winamp had this)
Global hotkey to fast forward/go back in a song (Winamp had this ctrl + alt + arrow left or right)

Global hotkey for volume up and down

I use the keyboard media keys to play/pause, skip songs forward/backward

eddieparker

I'd really like this.  I like to discover new music while I'm working, but everytime I have to context switch from what I'm working on to the Spotify player in order to downvote/upvote a song takes me out of my focus.

Parmacoy

Agreed, especially in the age of personalised music, and when your working, you don't want to shift focus. Rather just press a key and continue what your doing

rargar

so if this gets 50 votes it will get implemented? there's no point of having any radio functions without this.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-17

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke