[Desktop] Headphone Play/Pause/Skip Buttons with Spotify

I would love to be able to play, pause and skip songs with the in-line headphone remote in stead of having to click the in app buttons.

Edit by Premify: Added "(Desktop)" in the title to make it differ from a similar idea for mobile apps here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
thismax

Right now, these buttons open iTunes. This makes me sad.

gordonboy26
Casual Listener

This feature would be amazing!

aiai

This would be great. Very disturbing that iTunes opens when I am used to a correct behaviour on the iphone :)

user-removed
Not applicable

Very annoying to have iTunes opening. I'm so used to press this button. 

manuelpiccoli7

This idea would also be usefull for me.
Otherwise I've to use the iphone with high battery consumption.

cDuffen

I agree it would be great if it was native! I found a work around.

Follow the instructions at the bottom of this web page:-
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/52353/headphone-play-pause-button-controls-itunes-only

Koenp
Casual Listener

Great idea, wanted to post it myself but then I saw you already did ;). Hope they will integrate it soon! :D

jkbr

The lack of headphone buttons support is an annoying bug.

user-removed
Not applicable

As a developer (not with Spotify, though!), it's been very difficult to get control presses from the headphones. Apple doesn't document how to work with the headphone controls, so it's hard to support them at all without a lot of trial and error.

Hopefully the Spotify devs will figure it out soon though.

pnkjones

i also still wait of this!!!