[Desktop] Hide "listeners in your network"

Is there a way to hide the "listeners in your network" in the top right corner of the desktop app? I really would rather not see headshots of my frenemies on the top of my favorite artist and album pages, and do not want to unfriend them entirely either. 

Updated: 2015-12-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
OviiiOne
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can hide the friend bar by going to the top left menu -> View -> Uncheck People List.

Also you can go to Edit -> Preferences -> Disconnect from Facebook

Notifcications can be disabled by editing your Online profile.

If you want to get rid of Facebook totally while using Spotify, you can create a new Spotify account without facebook. If you got a subscription or playlists to transfer to the new account just use the Online contact form.

Hope I helped ;)

rbg1861
Casual Listener

Hi -- thanks for the tips. However, these options are not available on the most recent version that I downloaded from this link https://news.spotify.com/us/2011/05/06/spotify-update-now-available-to-download/. 

Am I missing something? When I click view, I only see options to check/uncheck "Activity Feed" and "Large Now Playing Artwork."

Thanks!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

@OviiiOne I don't have that option under View either, using the Mac desktop client.

OviiiOne
Community Legend

I try to access the link, but says page not found...

I'm using Windows version, and I think I have the most recent update, and I can see this under View

feed.jpg

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

@OviiiOne Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that translates to 'Activity of people you follow', which is called 'Activity Feed' in English. This idea suggests a checkbox to permanently disable the 'Who to Follow' box, not the whole Activity Feed: as the desktop client currently exists, you have to close out 'Who to Follow' each session, as it comes back each time the client is reopened.

I'll mark this as 'New Idea' unless you know of a way to permanently remove 'Who to Follow'.

OviiiOne
Community Legend

I'm so sorry, I don't know how to hide it, the only way to don't show this is unfollow these people, so mark it as New Idea.

OviiiOne
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea, if it gets +100 kudos the Spotify team will review the idea and give another status.

Edited the title to make search easier.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-12-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!