Announcements

[Desktop] Is English only possible? Choose content language settings

I would like only songs and podcasts that are in English to show up. I do not know any other language. Thank you.

Updated on 2022-07-20

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2021-01-20

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

willydee68

This is NOT a new idea. It looks like a similar issue to this link, which has 1000+ votes, but was never acted on. Pleeease with extra cream and sugar, do something about supporting the customer's preferred language!

Best, willydee

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-04-20

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

zuchis

I have recently moved from Brazil to Germany and I find it pretty annoying the fact that Spotify simply presumes that since I am in Germany I am automatically a fluent German speaker, as the account management site (https://www.spotify.com/) does not allow me to change the language from German to English.

Please allow us to change the website at least to english, doesn't need to enable all the languages in the world for every locale.

There are more than 10 million immigrants in Germany and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of them who are still learning German or don't know it at all... 

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-07-20

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Env: prod