Announcements

[Desktop] Isn't it time to implement a desktop visualiser?

I have used a big screen for years now, right now a 4K 50" with Ambilight which is great for a party feeling when I want that.
I use Spotify daily and I have tested several third party apps but I really don't like any of them.
Especially since I have to tab back and forth to change songs, see what is playing or what time a certain part of a song is, add songs, delete songs, see what artist is playing, and much more. 

I have been a faithful premium subscriber for about 10 years now and this is the one thing I really would like to ask for in return.

The new desktop update looks amazing on a big screen and the last thing to complete it would really be a built in visualiser. 

Please, please, PLEASE Spotify. Add this feature and make me and so many more fans happy. It would really change the experience for the better.

Updated on 2021-04-24

Hey @siccus 

A similar idea has also been suggested many times before, and only one thread can exist per Idea. Spotify Staff has already answered this request, which can be read here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Visualizer/idi-p/753

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
siccus
Regular

As my post was flagged as spam when I tried to link to a Reddit post on the r/spotify where I attempt(successfully) to gather users who share this wish of mine, I tried to link it in comments. Sadly, the comment too was flagged as spam. 

So the only thing I can do is give you the title of the post and have people look it up on their own, so sorry for the inconvenience for anyone trying to show their support. The title of the reddit post is: Let's get together and show Spotify it's worth their time adding a built in Desktop Visualiser

Cheers 

N8_TGK
Casual Listener

Oh please god yes! Also add the lines between songs back, and PLEASE PLEASE make it so that switching to a new album or playlist it keeps your old position insteasd of scrolling to the top when you switch back. It used to be this way but was changed for god only knows what reason.

But yes, PLEASE add a visualizer I can't say enough how much we need this!

txhno
Visitor

yes

tedmiester

Yeah we need this.

Luan
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-15

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ParentalControl
Composer

Why would we want more rubbish UI implementations? When spotify hasn't even implemented basic privacy features like blocking harassing followers or explicit album art from minors.

Bun-Bun
Music Fan

No.

They need to focus on making the desktop UI proper again. Not make frivolous visual effects that can't compete with what winamp had 20 years ago.

MoMo215
Casual Listener

I don't think this is too much of a big ask. It can be a feature that is limited at first and updated as time goes on. Especially if Spotify is serious about getting into video, it can be a great initial test to see adoption rates/usage on a mass scale.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-04-24

Hey @siccus 

A similar idea has also been suggested many times before, and only one thread can exist per Idea. Spotify Staff has already answered this request, which can be read here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Visualizer/idi-p/753

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Related Ideas