[Desktop][Mac] Show what’s playing in dock menu

It would be nice if the currently playing track was shown in the dock menu (with its artist) as read-only items at the top.

I sometimes want to know what’s playing, and the easiest and least intrusive way seems to be to right-click the Spotify icon in the dock, rather than bring the full Spotify UI to the front (and to then hide it again).

Updated: 2016-05-30

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Mac-Show-Song-Title-in-Dock/idi-p/1476283

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

megadork

+1 Yes please

1withthefreaks
Regular

It did have this before. Just another annoyingly pointless and stupid update.

lomba102003

On my system the only way to see what is playing is to  bring up all the spotify  UI, since right clicking the icon in the dock doesn't show anything of the track that is playing.

The best to me would be to have the track's info as the mouse pointer hold for a couple of second on the icon in the dock.

batilly84
Casual Listener

I too would love if this option came back. Not sure why they thought it was necessary to delete this feature. Perhaps to force users to look at the Spotify interface more frequently and perhaps interact with the page more? Because Seek Forward and Seek Backward are more preferred features than Now Playing. :-/

multikev
Gig Goer

This actually was in Spotify OSX client until a few months ago. I miss it. Would love to have it back!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-05-30

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Mac-Show-Song-Title-in-Dock/idi-p/1476283

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!