[Desktop] Mini Player

Update 17/2/14 - Almost 2 years ago I submitted this idea, and in the last few weeks, the number of Kudos email notifcations I receive daily is getting even more frequent. Thanks to everyone who keep's voting it up, I didn't think it would get 10 votes let alone over 1,000! Clearly it's popular but not as straight forward to develop hence the 'Not Right Now' status from Spotify, but keep the voting! The most rated ideas are getting developed and it's just a matter of time before this one does too. 

Thanks!

------------------

I'd like to see a miniplayer and mini controls for Spotify that could sit in the taskbar (Windows and Mac!)

The idea came about, after I kept maximising and minimising Spotify just to see my play queue and sometimes jump down a few . This is my solution making it a less obtrusive way of seeing what's coming up and track jumping. 

SpotifyMiniPlayer_V3.jpg

Updated on 2018-12-14

Hey Folks!

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange, and sharing your comments on this.

Although we appreciate many of you here would like to see a desktop mini-player, they are used by a very small subset of listeners overall. After speaking to the right teams, we’ve therefore decided to focus our immediate attention and resources on features that have a higher engagement at this time.

We may reassess this decision in the future. But, for now, we wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Rest assured we’re constantly working to implement feature requests you make via the Ideas Exchange.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming!

Related Ideas

Comments
Throwdo_Baggins

Apparently at the time this original suggestion was made, Windows 10 did have a miniplayer. Any new suggestions that sound like a miniplayer are closed for being a "duplicate" and users are redirected here, where they're given outdated information. That's terrible for people trying to figure out how to get the miniplayer working, and I suggest new posts are kept instead so that we can get an official up-to-date response from Spotify on the status of a miniplayer.

There is no up-to-date response from Spotify officially, and leaving users in the dark to stumble across outdated information is just about the worst way I can think of running customer service at all.

firefiey1
Gig Goer

An official mini player inside notification center for Mac would be great! Currently, there are some in the app store that will show basic controls and artwork.

scorwitz
Finally dropping Spotify for Apple music. Apple doesn't care about their customers either but at least the phone app tells you which music you have downloaded all in one place. Spotify removed that feature some idiotic reason.
krystofmacha

guys seriously cmon, how hard is it to make mini player that you havent be able to make it for 6 (SIX!!) years, like, what other more needed functions are there? not much, so i think it shouldnt be that hard. are you gonna let your paying customers to rely on some wacky 3rd party apps instead of making it yourself? please, consider it already

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-12-14

Hey Folks!

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange, and sharing your comments on this.

Although we appreciate many of you here would like to see a desktop mini-player, they are used by a very small subset of listeners overall. After speaking to the right teams, we’ve therefore decided to focus our immediate attention and resources on features that have a higher engagement at this time.

We may reassess this decision in the future. But, for now, we wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Rest assured we’re constantly working to implement feature requests you make via the Ideas Exchange.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming!