[Desktop] Mini Player

Update 17/2/14 - Almost 2 years ago I submitted this idea, and in the last few weeks, the number of Kudos email notifcations I receive daily is getting even more frequent. Thanks to everyone who keep's voting it up, I didn't think it would get 10 votes let alone over 1,000! Clearly it's popular but not as straight forward to develop hence the 'Not Right Now' status from Spotify, but keep the voting! The most rated ideas are getting developed and it's just a matter of time before this one does too. 

Thanks!

------------------

I'd like to see a miniplayer and mini controls for Spotify that could sit in the taskbar (Windows and Mac!)

The idea came about, after I kept maximising and minimising Spotify just to see my play queue and sometimes jump down a few . This is my solution making it a less obtrusive way of seeing what's coming up and track jumping. 

SpotifyMiniPlayer_V3.jpg

Updated on 2018-12-14

Hey Folks!

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange, and sharing your comments on this.

Although we appreciate many of you here would like to see a desktop mini-player, they are used by a very small subset of listeners overall. After speaking to the right teams, we’ve therefore decided to focus our immediate attention and resources on features that have a higher engagement at this time.

We may reassess this decision in the future. But, for now, we wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Rest assured we’re constantly working to implement feature requests you make via the Ideas Exchange.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming!
Comments
HarmonyALZ

A mini player would be very helpful. I have a 14 inch screen and would like to be able to see what's playing without having to move my mouse to the windows taskbar to toggle between screens.  Also, like Windows Media Player, make an option for the mini player to stay on top of other windows.

money4me247

yes, that would be a sick feature!!! please implement :)

also, add a mini player mode would be sweet

ajo253

This is definitely something I need. I listen to spotify at work and can't always be opening and closing the player window if I want to skip to the next song or adjust the volume especially becasue I always have other windows open for work.

FZ13

I could not agree more. Spotify most definitely needs a mini player. My idea is to have it like the Itunes mini player, where it just shows the album cover for the song that is playing. Then when you hover over the picture it shows the previous-play-next button. You could also add all the other spotify buttons.

SPOTIFY you MUST do this. It is a NO BRAINER!

bipseus

Hello Spotify developers!

I think it would be a great idea to be able to make your windows desktop software be able to make a mini version. A little square that will pop up over all of my other programs. That way I can put it up in the corner and see what I am playing/get easy access to the controls. Slacker has kind of what I am thinking of.. but I know you guys can make it much cooler. I think this would be a lot easier fot a lot of people. Small corner app so we can listen all day while working on what we need to. 

Thanks! :) 

Keep On Rocking! 

b2iii
Music Fan

Napster had a miniplayer that worked great. I loved the option it had to pop-up at the start of a song and fade away in a few seconds.  You could easily skip a song, pump the volume, and it put a face to the song with the album artwork. Great idea!

YuerMum

Great idea, and I'd love to see this also.

But, I doubt it would happen, at least for the free version, since it would mean not seeing the visual ads.

Spotify is all about listening to music at the cost of either a subscription, or being subject to adspace.

Lewis72

I think this is a great idea to have a mini player.
also i'd love to see hotkeys also, so instead of using a mini player during a game, you could just press your hotkey that you have chosen to change the song or volume, or whatever you wish.
they have key shorcuts already but they only work while the programs maximized and its a pain in the ass.
so i'd love to see both these things happen, would make me very very happy .

DangerousI
Gig Goer

HOT! ==D Remember to make it crossplatform. So Ubuntu unity has something simular.

Webbswonder
Roadie

Ubuntu already has something like this for Spotify. So try Ubuntu. In the sound menu of Ubuntu 12.04 you will find a spotify miniplayer (once tyou have installed Spotify), that allows at least pause fast forward etc.