Announcements

[Desktop][Music] Audio Ducking for VoIP Applications

So. I had a question a while back. Basically I was wondering if the Spotify application (on windows) is able to lower its volume when someone is talking trough skype or TeamSpeak (or another voice chat). Apparently, it isn't...

So that's my idea. When you are skyping with someone and he starts talking to you (and maybe if you talk to) the volume goes down. So you don't have to either set the Spotify volume super low so you can hear him talking or turning his volume up so you can separate the 2. Because when they have the same volume it can be tricky to hear him talking while a loud song is playing.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-01-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-11

Marked as new idea.

Babetron

I've had quite the opposite problem. When using Discord the Spotify volume seems to automatically duck/lower to levels that can barely be heard at all. I haven't been able to find an option in Spotify to turn audio ducking on/off. Everything in Discord and on Windows is set to turn ducking off. Maybe I've missed a setting somewhere in Spotify? 

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-01-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Env: prod