[Desktop][NOW] Fullscreen gradient background is way too bland

In 2012, the awesome idea was suggested to Spotify to make a fullscreen mode on for the desktop version. And we were heard, we got a nice full screen version that displayed the album cover, the song name and the artist. On a big bland ugly gray to black gradient. Please Spotify. There have been several requests about this topic, some asking for the background to be the dominant color of the album art, others asking for the background to be a blurry enlarged version of the album art, again others thing that a audio visualizer may look cool. Anything else but this gradient. When there's a party, I like to have music on, of course. The fullscreen mode hides my playlist nicely, but the gray gradient just ruins the whole look of the room. So, hopefully the final post about this, Spotify, Please give us an option to change the background of the fullscreen mode. We beg you.

Now here's some ideas I personally had.

1) Make the fullscreen mode personalizable. By this I mean, make an option in the settings in which you can move around and resize the album art and text. You can also choose what you would like as a background, for example choosing between showing the most dominant color of the album art, showing an enlarged picture, an audio visualizer, **bleep** maybe even an option to play the youtube videoclip in the background.

2) Widgets you can place in the fullscreen mode. This is a small continuation of point 1). If you do get to personalize the fullscreen mode, being able to add widgets to it would be even cooler. Like adding a digital clock, a date, an "up next" widget, there's alot of cool ways you could go with this.

Now let's hope we get noticed boys.

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hey @Davidoz,

Thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
    • Ideas should be posted in English.
    • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
ReeverM
Casual Listener

I can't believe I'm not the only one that hates that gradient. It's horrible. And the gradient that appears on top and covers the album art when you move your mouse on the fullscreen app makes me genuinely uncomfortable. I realized how much I hated it when I saw this app's design in comparison. I would never use it, but the design is absolutely gorgeous and fascinating to look at from a UI design philosophy perspective.

1_NBA8CtXaZPdSwXxyPICLYA@2xThis uses the album art's colors to create a background and modify the way the visualizers look.

1_4SZl_3J83Z-7hR5tbbuRbg@2xThis uses the loudness profile of the song plus the album art's color scheme to create a unique image for each song.There's so much potential for unique visuals in music apps and I really wish something like this would make its way over to Spotify. I'd love a pleasant fullscreen experience as I often use it as some sort of wallpaper on my second screen while focusing on my main screen with music playing and the gradient just hurts my soul.

AwesomeSource12

I feel ya on this one buddy. Its horrible, its outdated, it looks like something from ios 6 back in 2011. The white defeats the entire purpose of spotify's black "night mode" themed ui. Im sure its a only a niche group of us opposed to it, but it cant be a hard thing to just let us even change the colour. 

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hey @Davidoz,

Thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
    • Ideas should be posted in English.
    • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks!