Desktop: Option to also reduce the icon size

The UI in the latest version is just too big and it feels like it was made for touchscreens. Why cant I make it smaller? I dont want some buttons taking up 40% of the screen space.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
uzar
Casual Listener

You could zoom out (View > Zoom out), but that also makes the text very small.

mpaluchowski

Zooming out is not a solution, since it makes all the content tiny and text next to unreadable. Text size is fine, but the size of the UI element and the amount of spacing around text is too large. On a smaller screen -- think laptops -- I can barely see a few songs and playlists.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title to focus on the ability to reduce the icon size.
A similar idea about wasted screen space has also been suggested here.
At the moment you can only make the font smaller when you zoom out.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!