Announcements

[Desktop][Other] Add additional color schemes to desktop app

I have to invert the colors on my screen while using the Spotify desktop app because attempting to read white text on a black background causes me physical pain. There is no option in the settings to change Spotify's color scheme, but inverting the displayed colors in my computer's actual hardware also inverts the colors of the album art. The ideal solution would allow users to switch between some different premade color schemes, or to allow users to choose their own text and background colors.

Even just adding a "day mode" and nothing else would solve my problem, because I would have the option of browsing Spotify with the album art displayed as intended and without the worries of headache, nausea, fatigue, and eye strain. This is an accessibility issue caused by a physical disability. Please consider making Spotify more accessible for users with disabilities.

Updated on 2022-08-08

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.

Comments
Dian
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-08-08

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.