Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] "Don't play this artist" on desktop

I would like the option to permanently dislike a featured artist like on mobile that I can choose for "Don't play this artist"

e.g for several weeks now various artists and gamechops have appeared in my release calendar. I have absolutely no interest in this band

But I dont have the option to remove the featured artist, which just means the following week a new artist pop ups with gamechops as featured and I have no way to prevent this.

I have event tried blocking gamechops on android but makes no difference

Din0cheap_1-1598952520343.png

Updated on 2023-04-18

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and showing your support for this idea!

We're setting the status to Not Right Now, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. When we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.

Comments
Ch3shireCat

Go **bleep** yourself, this is the one and only feature that prevents me from going back to Spotify. It's this annoying.

ravage928

Just came from another thread and they don't want to implement this? What in the world is going on at Spotify holy ****. I've been a paying customer since the day it came out in 2011 in the US and the past 2 years have given some clear signs that something is wrong at this company. Not implementing a feature that is already in the mobile app cause there isn't enough votes? I thought it was a normal user trying to make a joke.....this is insane. Truly clueless management.

ravage928

Also if anyone has comparable platforms to switch to, I'm all ears. This among other unresolved issues are so frustrating that I'd be happy to switch and get off of this app that they clearly don't seem to care about their paying customers. What's amazing is that Spotify is and was positioned as the #1 audio streaming service but year after year they make questionable design, UI, functionality changes. 

DemonicKingZA

Could Spotify please add this feature.
I have found countless "Ideas" for this feature and each and EVERY single one is closed and pointed to this dead "idea" you closed.
So what is the point in this? Why do you keep sending everyone here if you not going to do anything?
Just giving us a place to vent our angry from not being able to curate OUR music?

This is a MUST have, so please implement this as soon as possible please. Honestly, I don't see how this is not a thing yet.
And honestly, this making me regret having bought Spotify, seems I need to go back to pirating instead.

Make haste, else I will.

ludcl

Worst thing about Spotify is that it continues playing songs that I don't like of artists that I don't like.

How is it possible that we cannot at least block some artists?

FlashAbercrombi

I'm checking out Tidal as an alternative. Apparently they are smart enough, or care enough about their customers, to enable blocking artists you don't want to hear on the music service you are paying for. 

https://www.alphr.com/tidal-how-to-block-artist/

Jesus_Christ

Why aren't all apps treated equal? Spotify, you just lost if you don't add this.

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-04-18

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and showing your support for this idea!

We're setting the status to Not Right Now, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. When we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.

Gawar

Block the content creator is an existing feature on the mobile app. So my idea is to add the same button on the pc version, so we could block people without reaching phones. It would be really convenient!

Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-05-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!