Announcements

[Desktop][Other] Bring back "Recently Played" in desktop player

The Recently Played section has disappeared in the last desktop player update. This is a very key feature that I used almost every day, as I frequently jump between user playlists that I don't add to my library, and now it is just not possible to find them again easily.

Updated on 2021-04-03

Hey there,

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Making sure your idea is clear”.

At this point, we don’t have enough information regarding what you'd like to see implemented.

Just to clarify, while there is no link in the left side menu anymore, your recently played content should still be accessible from the Home page, below the shortcuts:

Xenia_0-1617449779590.png

If that's not what you were looking for, you can submit your idea again, explaining how your suggestion is different from the existing feature.

You're also welcome to leave any feedback you have related to the New Desktop App here. Our developers are taking everything that's being shared in there under consideration, so any suggestions you have to improve the new experience will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments
eldris
Regular

Yes! This needs to come back! It was the main way I used Spotify, because I tend to listen to Song Radio while writing and then went to Recently Played to find what I was listening to on my previous writing session. 

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-04-03

Hey there,

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Making sure your idea is clear”.

At this point, we don’t have enough information regarding what you'd like to see implemented.

Just to clarify, while there is no link in the left side menu anymore, your recently played content should still be accessible from the Home page, below the shortcuts:

Xenia_0-1617449779590.png

If that's not what you were looking for, you can submit your idea again, explaining how your suggestion is different from the existing feature.

You're also welcome to leave any feedback you have related to the New Desktop App here. Our developers are taking everything that's being shared in there under consideration, so any suggestions you have to improve the new experience will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!