Announcements

[Desktop][Other] Changing size of lyrics

Hi

Ive been having this problem since a few days, since the new web player UI was used in the updated desktop app.

The font of the lyrics is too big, and to get proper lyrics i need to zoom out (ctrl+-), but the whole spotify ui shrinks and the playlists, songs and friend activity is barely readable.

I would like to suggest a slider for the size of the font of lyrics, or a [+] or [-] sign to change the size.

lyrics.png

this is an example of the overly large lyrics.

lyricssmall.png

and this is when i've zoomed out, for the lyrics to be proper.

Please look into this matter and make the necessary changes.

Thank you 🙂

Updated on 2022-10-03

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Comments
Abner_

Agree--there are lots of great things with the update, but the song lyrics were better before. I think the slider idea is great. Or just any other way for each person to select how big a font we want. With songs that have a lot of words per phrase it's super difficult to see the complete lyrics and when the song is fast is nearly impossible. Hope something can be done about this font size. 

Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-15

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

biandopa

I hope this idea would be implemented 'cause i have a problem with the lyrics and Spotify Support couldn't fix my bug. I cannot see the whole verse because it's too big and it's also cropped. I cannot do karaoke any more :'(Captura de pantalla 2021-05-20 202804.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-06-13 204723.png

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-07-02

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

khang1265

Need a setting for lyric on PC app, just adjust size of the lyric. It's too big size now, i need the smaller. Thanks.

Watermelonium

Having the lyrics back in Spotify is great! But there is room for improvement in the accessibility department, and I hope other agree with this suggestion as well.

Sometimes the current lyrics lines are quite long, and can take up 3 rows (example in screenshot). This makes it quite hard to read for someone like me who has dyslexia.  A way to solve this would be to adjust the lyrics size.

Now everyone has their own preference in size. When I use lyrics I'm behind my desk, right in front of my monitor, and I don't need 2cm high text. But someone else might use the lyrics while cooking and their screen might be a few meters away, so they want the giant text size. Therefore my idea is as follows:

Include a slider or + - buttons in the lyrics screen to change the size of the text, on the fly, to your own preference. (example in screenshot)

Screenshot 2021-12-20 223000.jpg
Yordan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-12-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

RockerArtist4Life

i agree. there needs to be more votes for this.

Kathansen1

I'm not able to vote on this idea because it's closed (I think that's why), but I definitely support the idea of a size slider for lyrics on desktop!!

Kathansen1

Lol I am able to vote, I just did not look in the right place!! I voted.