Announcements

[Desktop][Other] Changing size of lyrics

Hi

Ive been having this problem since a few days, since the new web player UI was used in the updated desktop app.

The font of the lyrics is too big, and to get proper lyrics i need to zoom out (ctrl+-), but the whole spotify ui shrinks and the playlists, songs and friend activity is barely readable.

I would like to suggest a slider for the size of the font of lyrics, or a [+] or [-] sign to change the size.

lyrics.png

this is an example of the overly large lyrics.

lyricssmall.png

and this is when i've zoomed out, for the lyrics to be proper.

Please look into this matter and make the necessary changes.

Thank you 🙂

Updated on 2021-07-02

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Watermelonium

With 22 votes in two weeks my idea could easily have reached the ''50 votes in 3 months'' mark. 
But now it has been merged with an the same idea from kshire from 8 months ago. And now we need to reach 500 votes before Spotify takes a look at this idea?!

I must say this Spotify Ideas is awesome, but the voting system is a bit weird.

llopate

Agreed.!!!  

Is there a reason why the lyrics are size 72 font?

People 35 feet away from my desk don't need to read the lyrics of the songs I'm listening to.   

Thanks!

Sad_420

here I have this idea because I was used to using the lyrics that appear one by one with a large size, but now the default spotify is small and displays all the lyrics at once so I don't feel comfortable so I make a suggestion, namely adding an option to change the size of the lyrics as desired Spotify listener or user

1Batt
  • lyrics font is just too big, cant rap cuz the word gap is bad
  • thats it
  • thank you

also you dont have to be a rapper to figure this out, UI design is straight up ugly with that BIG text right in the middle.

peace 

1Batt

oblivious

How can you close this? This is common sense idea, you MUST implement, it doesn't hurt anyone, and it makes your service unusable currently to many.

It takes junior dev 1 day to implement and test this feature, it's so basic.

You literally using musicmatch code / SDKs, considering it's a replica of their windows UI. Yet on their UI they let you control font size (poorly though too, just small/big off/on).

This is basic CSS all you have to do is just expose the size.

And on top of that make lyrics configurable - I want to see last 2-4 bars, especially considering you are late on half the lyrics and still can't fix the fadeout lyrics de-syncing bug after half a year+ since the report.

Watermelonium

@oblivious

They've already addressed the gargantuan lyrics problem on desktop/web. So that's probably why they closed this idea. Since + / - buttons are not really necessary anymore. (although it would still be a very nice feature to have, in case you want to read your lyrics from a longer distance, but alas)

Screenshot 2022-05-14 093117.jpg

oblivious

@Watermelonium

Thanks, but actually I only got that update today. Maybe they were doing A/B testing, because months ago text did reduce a little from the giant one, but that's it - you could only see current line of the lyrics, not previous. And text was still too huge.

But today I got the same update as yours shows, text even smaller on my large screen, which is great as it's still readable, so a lot of lyrics fit in, and being able to see so many lines of the previous/future lyrics is really useful.

Love it now, hope they don't change anything, besides +/- and fonts if they want to add customisations, but I don't really need it now.

Only if they could fix the delay when switching to next song... I think it's because of the 10 seconds crossfade but when it switches to the next song it gets out of sync. Clicking on the lyric syncs it back up. But they can't seem to be able to reproduce it in another thread, even though so many people having this issue.

https://i.imgur.com/31YAezO.png 

oblivious

31YAezO[1].png

nitrostar

Lyrics on mobile are such a delight. On desktop... pretty underwhelming.

Env: prod