Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Picture-in-Picture for lyrics

Hi. Finally the lyrics arrived on Spotify. I’m really happy about this and now I think Spotify is really at the top of every music platform. But I wanted to propose something about the desktop app (PC & MAC) that miss. 

It would be great to put the possibility of having the lyrics in Picture-In-Picture, function already present on Musixmatch, platform with which you have the collaboration on the lyrics. 

I hope that the ideas will be taken into consideration 

Updated on 2023-01-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
The_Orange_Frog

Please add this. It would be a nice feature for Spotify. 

jensoso

I would like the 2 options for pip. 
Having lyrics, like your post suggest, but also an option for having just the album art, song name and artist with the option to like and skip songs. 

jksssss

we will be able to see the lyrics even if we are on some other app like resso

krolkushi

yeah like, i cant keep the spotify window open all the time, so this would be so cool!! i had YEARS back a software that did this, it was like, all transparent and the lyrics would show up line by linne, it was very cool and not invasive! today we have in the windows store the musiXmatch app, but it's all buggy and heavy... the interface is not good at all too

lovemonkey

This needs to happen o/

megg3

Hello Spotify can you make your lyrics float? I'd like to work with floating lyrics

JoãoDSL

like when you want to see the fps of the games, but like a little window over everything so then you can see the lyrics

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-02-13

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

mshamsi502

thank spotify for lyric feature. 🙏

We no longer have to open two applications!
I also wanted to suggest a picture-in-picture lyric, I saw that my friend had taken the trouble.
this is great idea, for Windows, MAC and Linux OSs. (of course dont forget Linux OS users 😉)
osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-02-23

Hey @yannick96 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂