Announcements

[Desktop][Other] Picture-in-Picture for lyrics

Hi. Finally the lyrics arrived on Spotify. I’m really happy about this and now I think Spotify is really at the top of every music platform. But I wanted to propose something about the desktop app (PC & MAC) that miss. 

It would be great to put the possibility of having the lyrics in Picture-In-Picture, function already present on Musixmatch, platform with which you have the collaboration on the lyrics. 

I hope that the ideas will be taken into consideration 

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
AgustinRangel

Add a feature where you can pop out just lyrics when you're just doing homework or something else and have the lyrics on a window with transparency option.

Mario
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-10-19

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Colin12345

I would like to vote but this closed... probably wasnt visible enough. Do a survey & you will get 1000's wanting this.

Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

avidmusiclistener

Great idea! Something similar to the miniplayer of youtube.

This way one could do other things while at the same time listening, reading and perhaps singing along, looking at the lyrics without switching windows.

yannick96

I agree! Having this would be extremely useful. I just don't see myself having Spotify open all the time, it takes up way too much screen real estate. A small PIP window would be excellent 👌🏻

ps: I actually made a post for the same idea, sorry! I didn't notice that this one had already been created earlier

The_Orange_Frog

Please add this. It would be a nice feature for Spotify. 

jensoso

I would like the 2 options for pip. 
Having lyrics, like your post suggest, but also an option for having just the album art, song name and artist with the option to like and skip songs. 

jksssss

we will be able to see the lyrics even if we are on some other app like resso

Env: prod