[Desktop][Other] Stop ruining Spotify-App

How can you even think of disabling sorting a playlist alphabetical by artist?

Since Spotify was invented, there have been many great invention in the program. Like for example the radios, mix of the week and so forth. These ones have been a stunner, never seize to surprise me and are really rewarding in general.

The app itself however, is getting worse, worse and worse. I have no clue, how such a large company with so many "experts" manages to destroy something, that is bound to be the simplest thing. Maybe that is the very problem after all.

Instead of giving experts or hi-fi's more options in the background/settings, the app keeps getting compromised over and over. This newest invention out of the UIX-Creative Directors Designer jackinthebox department, to ban the alphabetical sorting of artists in playlists, WITHOUT the option of turning it back on has been the worst idea yet. As an art-director myself this kinda almost makes me laugh, when I think about the internal meeting/discussion. I'm sure there was the on or other /facedesk

The sad part with app in general has always been, if someone doesn't like the changes, he is not able to go back to a previous version.

After ten years of premium, I am finally at the point, that I wish, that there would be an alternative to Spotify in regards of library capacity, just with a little bit more flexibility. I'd probably taking a close look at it. If it would import my playlists from Spotify, I'd probably be gone by today.

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Related Ideas