[Desktop][Other] View the entire lyrics

Now we can only visualize the current verse and a few next ones but we should be able to view the whole lyrics as it is on the mobile app.

jooj.jpg

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Comments
ware4me

First, I am glad to have lyrics back after a long time, now, in Windows 10, as the song plays, the text lines begin to scroll automatically, however, sync is usually bad, and if it is too fast, the last line completely disappears, and you cannot sing it.

Would you mind showing 1 or 2 lines faded. Just as the next ones shows up?

And sometimes color backgrounds are too bright... but maybe that's just me.

Thanks

5f3d2584.jpg
Elena
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-24

Hey @ware4me,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

In the meantime, if you notice out of sync lyrics you can report them to our team here.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

dejavanch

For Spotify for desktop, I suggest adding a toggle button to toggle different style of lyrics showing, just like the musixmatch app. You can either choose to show a single verse of the song that matches to the song currently playing like the current version or to show a multiple verse at once like the older version. Cause the synchronization between song and the lyrics is not very accurate.

Yes, please show at least the previous and next line.

osornios
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-09-12

Marked as new idea.

DarkJuanFra

Totally agree.. if lyrics are too faste, sometimer you loose the line you're reading before jumping to the other and is impossible to sing-along. 

Keeping the last line faded like te following ones are, should be easy and would solve this issue.

alyssamorr200

I agree, I wish there was a way to just follow along to a songs lyrics, like karaoke, so you can sing along! I know some songs have lyrics with Genius, but they're interrupted with info about the artist. I like that feature, but there should be a way to switch between Genius lyrics and just FULL lyrics. I want to sing along!!!

Mario
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-02-21

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

falrim

Screenshot_2021-03-08-20-24-30-825_com.spotify.music.pngCapture1.PNG
They just need to fix the desktop version to be similar to the mobile version .
Mobile version allows you to scroll through the full lyrics too.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @ware4me!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂