[Desktop] Pause when PC locked - Resume when unlocked

It would be really nice if there was an option in the Spotify desktop client to pause when the computer is locked and to resume when the computer is unlocked.

There already exists an standalone Windows application that does this:

https://code.google.com/p/spotify-auto-pauser/

but after changes to the Spotify desktop client last autumn/winter it stopped working - and it would of course be better to have this integrated into the Spotify client.

I don't know if there is anything equivalent available for OS X users.

This should be optional as in some cases this preferred behavior, for example when using Spotify at the workplace and in other cases it might not be preferred...

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
mikezvm
This should be a great option to add, and very easy to code. Ty
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-06-27

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

eico

This would be perfect for my workplace, I'd definitely use this feature.

Hope this gets looked at :)

maruegg

This would be great!!

bargraphnumbera

Absolutely brilliant idea!

e-odin

+1. I want it also

thoughtography

I'd love this function as well. There is a 3rd party option for this, but it doesn't work very well.

FredUK

Kudo from me!

acompatore

Want!!!

XjeaxaxX

PLEASE!!!!!!