[Desktop][Playlists] Ability to have default playlist cover show after removing custom cover

When any custom playlist cover is removed, the playlist is left with no image at all (see attached) instead of the default 4-album cover.

I posted this in the ongoing issues board and was told to post it as a new idea instead.

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 9.57.28 PM.png

Updated on 2019-01-08

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
B3Orange
Casual Listener

Editing the playlist description (in desktop app) is only a temporary fix for me.  It will even update mobile instantly if I'm viewing it when I save on desktop.  However, every time I close and re-open Spotty, the default image is gone again.  I've tinkered with it for months, moving "first four" around; toggling "collaborative"; logging off PC/mobile; re-installling apps; on home WIFI or at work hardwired - No luck.  Please help!

youngbacchus2
Music Fan

Seems like this is an easy fix, and yet nothing is being done about it. It's quite bothersome not to have a cover to your playlist esp when it's got thousands of followers (which means I can't just create a new playlist and move everything over).

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-09

Marked as new idea.

Bigg_Bill7

I second this! Also the ability to choose 4 covers to make into the artwork would be nice, but at least let it default to 4 covers instead of blank 

youngbacchus2
Music Fan

New update seems to have resolved the issue

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-01-08

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke