[Desktop][Playlists] Add ability to lock own Playlists for any update until unlocked by user

Please add ability to lock playlists to be able to prevent unintentional adding or deleting of songs in playlists.

As it is now, it is far too easy to delete and/or change a playlist unintentionally (even without being aware, since there are no warnings or notifying messages to user). The only way of knowing is to look at the top listing indicating number of songs in playlist and playlist total length. 

Updated: 2016-04-05

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-LOCKING-FEATURE-Lock-your-song-list-No-more-so...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-04-07

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

DAZZLER

This would be AMAZING! I constantly drag songs into the wrong playlists and, since Spotify is so social, it sends an update to all of the people following that playlist. It'd be really nice if we could just mark playlists as complete in some way and keep them from being arranged, added to, or subtracted from.

gybaman
Casual Listener

This toppic has been passing by so many times on this forum. I see no reason not to just add the option as it would have no negative effects of any kind. Leaving my playlist open on a party now often means i later on, or sometimes not at all, have to find out tracks are missing from my playlist. Very very annoying when you try to maintain a playlist

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-04-05

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-LOCKING-FEATURE-Lock-your-song-list-No-more-so...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!