Announcements

[Desktop][Playlists] Add gapless playback for local files

This is an extremely basic feature included even in the default Windows media player. So much of what I listen to has transitions from one song to the next, but Spotify's local files at the end of every single song has a little pop, 0.2 seconds of silence, and then the next song starts. 

Updated on 2020-08-08

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-22

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Regular

It is just an abomination that something as basic as gapless playback on local files is not available on Spotify in 2020 and and the outrageous part of it is that I thought just about 10 minutes ago that maybe it was just me and 7 other Endless - Frank Ocean fans that would care for something like this, but it’s a 8yo ignored thread with 100+ people asking this and spotify simply doesn’t  care because they cannot profit on it. Please have some respect with your paying customers and listen what we have to say once. The worst part is that every year the thread is cancelled because it doesn’t get traction enough. The only reason I’m not listening my local files on Apple Music is because of last.fm. Spotify disappointing again

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-08-08

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.