Announcements

[Desktop][Playlists] Add ticks next to playlist titles to mark that song is already added there.

Hello!

So recently got an idea of adding ticks next to  playlist titles which will be useful once you are about to add new songs to playlist.

When choosing which playlist, ticks will be next to playlist titles to mark that song is already added there.

Ticks could be shown in both ways of adding song - when playlist titles appear when doing right click and also when dragging on playlist in sidebar. But make them visible only when adding songs.

Updated on 2020-08-11

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Guido
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-23

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Edwin71
Casual Listener

Hey Spotify, why are you marking this as a new idea? The same idea (ok, different implementation proposal) has been submitted before, e.g. here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Playlists-See-in-which-of-my-Playlists-a-Song-is-in/id... with close to 4000 votes and the only thing you could come up with 2 years ago already is: "After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce the ability to see which playlists a song is in."

While the proposed ideas are all about improving the User Experience, your "solution" of the "duplicate song" popup is just annoying.

You also said "Although we’ve decided not to implement the feature as described, we appreciate all the feedback the thread generated, and rest assured we’ll use it to inform our decisions going forward." Well, that's just marketing speach. There is not a single indication that playlist content feedback is improving. YouTube has had it for years now and it is super useful.

Now we're at it, you may as well consider the other way around: to tag songs (in any album, in any other playlist, whatever) to indicate they are already in one of your playlists.

On an ending note: I really like Spotify, but the way you let users handle playlists is still rather cumbersome after all these years. Of course, I understand all of these are just opinions, but then please give us some insight into why Spotify decided not to implement playlist content feedback.

Jacob
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-08-11

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!